Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Beijing and the Forbidden City

I've been really into color saturation. It started in China when I was using Kate's mother's netbook to edit photos from China. I had to deal with the smoggy, faded effect of photos from Shanghai, so I figured out a good formula for making them less flat by tweaking gamma, increasing saturation and increasing contrast (which i'm apt to do anyway). The photos I edited in China looked great on the netbook, but with my lower quality screen, the color saturation looks a little over the top. Granted, my screen is super low quality, so I'll have to order some prints for a final verdict.

In the meanwhile, I've finished editing Beijing. Extra credit if you can spot the transition between the netbook and  my computer here at home:

http://nandkinkorea.shutterfly.com/680

Next up, canal town.

1 comment:

  1. Totally diggin' the photos!! I am not applying for extra credit. I hope you guys get settled somewhere that you love!

    ReplyDelete